What should I wear to the workout?
When it comes to workout clothes, comfort is far more important than fashion. Rather than purchasing clothes that look good, you should purchase clothes that feel good. When trying on workout wear, it is important that you bend and stretch or jog-in-place to make sure your clothes fit well. If you purchase ill-fitting clothes, you may find yourself adjusting your garments throughout your workout. At Island Fox Fitness LLC, we recommend that you consider the following when purchasing workout gear:
- Fabric: Wear fabrics that allow your skin to breathe. Wicking material, such as a polyester blend, won't trap in moisture and will allow your skin to breathe, keeping you cool during your workout.
- Sneakers: Running shoes are the most important piece of gear in your workout wardrobe. It is important to consider what type of exercise you will be doing before purchasing running shoes.
- Bra: When it comes to high-impact exercise, it is critical that you wear supportive bra. A good sports bra will prevent breast, back, and neck pain as well as the breakdown of ligaments.
The right workout wear will make a tremendous difference in your overall gym experience. We are more than happy to provide you with recommendations on athletic clothing brands or point you in the direction of a nearby sporting goods store. Please do not hesitate to ask! AND after you complete the camp you earn your Island Fox Fitness tank or t-shirt!
What can I expect day 1?
Day 1 if you are new to Island Fox, you will park, around 5:20am and be greeted by the owner/Trainer, Jill Sheppard. She or a trainer will ask you some quick fitness history questions about yourself unless you have already talked via text or phone. They will have you sign a waiver of liability, there is always inherent risk with any fitness program, just a reminder. Then you will grab your workout gear of the day that you will need. Jill or a trainer will tell you what you will need.
The workouts consist of what?
The workouts are different each day and sometimes the locations change. Through text or messenger you will receive the location of the next day's session the day before.
The workouts will always begin on time and start with at least a 5 minute warm-up. Then we will move into the workout and end with a cool down and stretch by the scheduled end of session. (1 hour)
If you are a beginner, here are some important things you should keep in mind:
- Please arrive 10 minutes prior to the start of the session. This will allow you enough time to talk with the trainer, get your equipment needed for that day, and breathe.
- If this is your first session, we recommend that you place your mat in the second or third row so you can learn from others in the session. Sometimes there is just a long line of mats, so make sure you have enough elbow room in between.
- If you used one of our mats, we ask that you please wipe it down so others can enjoy a clean mat after your use. Wipes will be supplied.
- Please turn off your phone or try not to be on your phone during session. This takes away from YOUR time, it's only 1 hour and we want you to get the most out of it!!
Important to know:
If you are doing Yoga/Stretch on the beach: Wear flip flops or beach shoes, bring a towel and your water bottle. You don't have to wear sneakers, it gets pretty sandy down there. We can lock your keys in the Island Fox Van so you don't have to worry about sandy keys!
Keep in mind if you are new to Yoga:
- We do a stretch type Yoga. There is a Vinyasa Flow with athletic stretches intertwined. There are hundreds of different poses, some of which are more difficult than others. Don't feel discouraged or worry about looking silly. Grow and practice at your own pace!
Get in touch!
If you are in Atlantic Beach and have any questions, please give us a call. We are looking forward to hearing from you!